[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:52:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> the above link allowed me to download a script which i had to tweak.
>>> it downgraded my alsa from 1.0.17 to 1.0.16 and removed ALL sound i
>>> previously had. :)
>>> i downloaded the latest, hopefully stable, drivers from alsa (1.0.19)
>>> and ran the script using them.
>>
>> Oh dear.... I am so sorry... This obviously was not the script I used
>> then. The script I used did the upgrade to 1.0.18 without modification. I
>> will see if I can find the link to the script that works.
>>
>> Phil
>
> I am pretty sure the original script that I used can be found here...
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6589810#post6589810

aaahhh.  no worries.  :)  i had actually read through that thread and
had it bookmarked.  i was going to give it a try and then you posted
'the script' ;)
i didn't get around to the rest of my testing/playing last night.  i'm
hoping to finish up this evening.  i will post the updated script that
i used to update my ALSA drivers as well so that others can tinker
with it if they like.

--
Andrew Close