[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:42:27 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/20 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:

> I ask again, what version?

0.21-stable revision #18722 (the one that mythbuntu 8.10 ship with)

> I ask again, what video driver version?

nVidia 180.22 (latest stable)

> Again, I ask for log files where you're seeing the problem. You said it's
> fine in mplayer but not mythtv yet, you provided the log where it's ok and
> not where it's broken.

The log I provided was to show the kind of video I was playing: it
contains the codec type and the resolution ..
mythtv only exhibits this problem with those divx file

myth log doesn't contain anything that could show an indication of a problem...

> Ah.. a clue. Is OpenGL Video Renderer even meant to be a supported/released
> feature? (I'm not asking you, I'm asking someone who follows this feature in
> -dev since I was never very interested in it I don't pay attention). Log
> files might lend a hand in narrowing down the problem.

OpenGL renderer has been there for several years and I was using it
before 0.20 over 2 years ago ...
It allows much nicer OSD too ...

> Ahh.. a work-around until you solve the problem. I guess they do have some
> value after all.

Big difference with a work-around that require me to re-encode all my
videos compare to a work-around on myth itself that is simple to do,
doesn't take any time to apply either

> BTW, if you plan on being snarky *and* wanting help, please provide all the
> information requested. It will take you less time to get closer to a
> solution that way. (Yes, I realize this message is snarky in response, but
> only because you put zero value in a valid work-around suggestion that
> someone thoughtfully went out of their way to provide you.)

snarky ??? me ?

If you think someone has to go "out of their way" to tell me to
re-encode all my videos ... oh well...

I left this distribution list for a few months due to the sheer
volume, but damn ; everyone is so edgy and cut-throat these days ...

what happened ?
Jean-Yves