[mythtv-users] MythVideo doesn't read lots of DVD's

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Jan 19 17:41:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 06:07:18PM +0100, José F. H. Tomás wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Talking with a colleague about MythTv I found that my Mythbuntu is running
> very well except as DVD player.
>
> If I use VLC everything goes fine, but the integration that I found
> googling is far from acceptable.

...even if you are using a win32 based commercial solution, you may
find that a 6 month version of your software is too far out of date.
Certain studios are bound and determined to make your life miserable.

[deletia]

...OTOH, this is by no means true across the board.

Oddly enough, "childrens movies" seem to be the most severely effected.

I run Ubuntu and my "AnyDVD" list still fits on a post-it note.