[mythtv-users] MythVideo doesn't read lots of DVD's

José F. H. Tomás jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Mon Jan 19 17:07:18 UTC 2009

Hi!

Talking with a colleague about MythTv I found that my Mythbuntu is running
very well except as DVD player.

If I use VLC everything goes fine, but the integration that I found
googling is far from acceptable.

If I try to play mplayer directly I get the same issue, unable to read the
DVD.
Mplayer detects the DVD correctly, far as I know but omplains about
finding DSYNC frame, and so one so one...

I did some investigation and found that Mythbuntu 8.10 has libmpeg2,
libdvdnav and libdvdread for versions that are in average more then one
year old, and after those versions in mythbuntu/ubuntu there are releases
that addresses this kind of issue.

Anyone know about this issue?
And what was the solution?

I tried by compilation method to apply the latest and suppose stable
referred libs, but mplayer still using the old ones.

Does any one know about acceptable Debian/Ubuntu/Mythbuntu repositories
from where I can do a clean apt-get install?

Thanks!
Tomas