[mythtv-users] Had to restart the backend - tuners offline...

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:03:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I noticed tonight that I could not watch live TV. I have a backend with a
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual tuner card. When selecting Live TV from the
frontend, the screen would blink and I would end up back at the same menu.

I tried restarting the backend with a /etc/init.d/myth... restart but it did
not fix the problem. Restarting the entire backend server brought things
back to normal. I should have done more hunting around but I neded to get
liveTV up and running so I could attempt to work on my no audio issue so the
restart was a quick and dirty... Is this common?

Cheers

Phil