[mythtv-users] Had to restart the backend - tuners offline...

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 19 15:14:29 UTC 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 7:03 AM, Phil Wild wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed tonight that I could not watch live TV. I have a backend
> with a Hauppauge Nova-T 500 dual tuner card. When selecting Live TV
> from the frontend, the screen would blink and I would end up back at
> the same menu.
>
> I tried restarting the backend with a /etc/init.d/myth... restart
> but it did not fix the problem. Restarting the entire backend server
> brought things back to normal. I should have done more hunting
> around but I neded to get liveTV up and running so I could attempt
> to work on my no audio issue so the restart was a quick and dirty...
> Is this common?

There are lots of messages posted to the list about LiveTV not
working, but there are so many possibilities of what is wrong that
it's impossible to tell without more information. Log files are the
first place to look. They will definitely tell what you it's trying to
do before giving up and bringing you back to the Main Menu.

-Brad