[mythtv-users] 2.6.27 kernel disables sound from pvr 500

cal cal at graggrag.com
Mon Jan 19 08:51:55 UTC 2009

> Is there some way I could prevent my box from
> /dev/video1 ? Maybe that would fix things?

I think most video drivers provide a module parameter for controlling
the dev/video allocations. Assuming the hvr-1800 uses cx23885 module,
cx23885-video.c has video_nr (video device numbers), vbi_nr (vbi
device numbers), radio_nr (radio device numbers).  For ivtv, it's
ivtv_first_minor.  modinfo <module name> should reveal all.

cheers, Cal

(sorry about the threading, it was the best I could do at the time).