[mythtv-users] IPTV

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun Jan 18 23:14:58 UTC 2009

Jasper Stolte wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to build a HTPC with digital TV through MythTV. Unfortunately
> my cable provider (UPC in the Netherlands) makes this impossible for me
> by using Nagravision 2 encryption. Now I'm thinking of switching to ADSL
> based IPTV. I can't really find any good documentation on whether this
> will work for me. I've got access to KPN or Tele2 ADSL+IPTV. Any
> pointers on where to look on how to get one of those working, or of
> course to information why it will not work?
Maybe first take a look at the quality KPN delivers in one of their
shops. It's terrible low-quality mpeg2 format. Don't know for Tele2, but
reading some forums a lot of people also complain about delivered
quality. DVB-T eventually with a small outdoor antenna is of reasonable
quality. And satellite DVB-S of course