[mythtv-users] VDPAU blows up video card, film at 11

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 18 21:51:14 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 14:13:48 Ian Liverton wrote:
> > > Actually, I don't know that that is where it ended up.  We have
> > > Special Items Pickup day each quarter were we can put out odd items
> > > for collection.  So, it ended up whereever stuff like that ends up.
> > > Or it was picked up by the people who scavenge the drop spots for the
> > > gems that people toss out unawares.
> >
> > [OT] LOL reminds me of my (reasonably well off) brother-in-law who was
> > very proud of entertaining his neighbours on the chairs that they had
> > themselves put out for collection, which bro-in-law scavenged,
> > repaired and repainted.
>
> [OT] Reminds me of a 15" CRT monitor the head of ICT picked up from the
> rubbish heap and brought into school and then asked me to test (I was a
> student acting as a technician).  He couldn't understand why I
> refused......

Reminds me of when I used to work. We would finally decide that a TV or
monitor was not repairable and put it in the dumpster, only to have some
employee drag it into our shop and want us to repair it for him or her.

Funny thing is, we often repaired them for employees when we would not have
done so for our employer (who was, after all, paying us).

--
beww
beww at beww.org