[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

John van Timmeren vantimmeren at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 13:26:44 UTC 2009

There are two different versions of the display in most antec cases a
lcd display and vfd display. The downside is they put the lcd version
in some of their black cases.  Just like your pointing out, the vfd
display is beter readable on a distance. That's the one you want.

A suggestion there are also well supported vfd displays you can buy
which fit in most cases (3,5 and 5.25 brackets).

Cheers,

John

-------

I went to the local computer store and got them to power up the Antec
Veris Fusion 430. I was impressed by everything about it, except for
the VFD, which was one of those blue characters on a blue glow deals.
It was unreadable (for me) at more than four or five feet. I would
really like a display like the ones you find in standard components --
green, blue or amber characters on a black background. Maybe the
Zalman HD160.