[mythtv-users] nvidia 177.82 pegs mythfrontend when xscreensaver activates during paused program?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Jan 18 07:33:37 UTC 2009

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> says:
> The timing of your post is amazing...I just experienced a freeze as
> in my original post (when xscreensaver kicked in during a paused
> program), only this time with the 173.14.15 driver.

I didn't initially mention xscreensaver because, as I noted, I (think
I) have experienced the hang at least once outside of any
"complicated" video output--just scheduling recordings within
mythfrontend--but, yes, I have seen the issue while xscreensaver is
running. Unclear whether OpenGL-based savers are specifically the
cause, though.

<URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frame_display_timing>

> I hope you're right about that being just as good.  I have a native
> 1080i RP CRT and am stuck deinterlacing with that hack that allows
> bob x2 with 1080i ouput.

I don't know; as I use a 1080p LCD flat panel I can only report on
RTC's effectiveness for me.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array