[mythtv-users] Firewire script to check which node is active and change channel with the right node.

Maclaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Fri Jan 16 01:52:46 UTC 2009

I, like others, find that from time to time my cable box changes node as can be seen from using plugreport.  I wrote this little script to check which node it was on and then call 6200ch.exe to change channel/record to avoid lost recordings.  Thought it might be of more general interest so here it is.

#!/bin/sh
#$1 is the first argument to the script. It is the channel as passed by mythtv

NODE=$(plugreport |grep -B 2 bcast_channel|grep Node|cut -d " " -f 2)
/usr/local/bin/6200ch.exe -n $NODE $1

save this as say channel.sh and use it as the channel changer.

James