[mythtv-users] Slow EPG response

Rob Tongue phunyguy at phunyguy.ath.cx
Thu Jan 15 23:33:43 UTC 2009

Hello all,
   I know there are several postings/mailings about the slow program guide,
but I have one that none of them solved.  I have corrected all channel icons,
upgraded nvidia drivers, and VARIOUS other things, but it all boils down to
being able to watch live ATSC over the air HD content just fine, but as soon as
I bring up the program guide (with the video up in the corner), one of my CPU
cores pegs to 100%.  I can overlay another window over it all (Like my htop
monitoring terminal window), and it drops back to normal.  As soon as I show a
good portion of the EPG again, the CPU starts pegging and the EPG is
unresponsive to keypresses. (all while the video in the corner still runs
smooth as can be).  I have tried all suggestions that I can find regarding
xorg.conf, like turning on UseEvents, etc.

A little background on the hardware:
Asus M3N78-VM with AMD X2 5400 CPU
2 gigs PC2-800
500 gig SATA2 drive
onboard geforce 8200 video with HDMI out to TV @ 1080p
PVR-150 tuner for my satellite (runs great)
DViCO Fusion RT5 Gold HD tuner  (The one causing issues)
Mythbuntu 8.10 with nvidia 180 drivers (Tried 177, and 173)

Does anyone have any ideas?

-phunyguy