[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX w/ MPEG2 hw accel

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Jan 14 23:58:02 UTC 2009

>The D201GLY2 has XvMC and is running totally fanless (it runs for 6 monthes
without problem).
>I'm quite happy with this MOBO except that it is using a SiS chipset for
which there is no driver yet on Ubuntu 8.10.
>I'm stuck with 8.04 (which has locks up when bluetooth devices reconnect).
>
>There is NO support for OpenGL as of today.
>
>Pierre.

Kind of a side topic, but I've run into the same problem where something
works in one version of ubuntu, but not in the next. In fact sometimes it
seems like they fix something that did not work in version 1, so that it
works in version 2, but then again in version 3 it is no longer working. How
is this possible? I've noticed this with the various ubuntu installs.

People say the same thing about Vista vs XP, but Vista was totally
redesigned after XP. I don't think ubuntu 8.10 was totally redesigned from
8.04 or 7.10 or 7.04.
-Steve