[mythtv-users] long delays responding to keystrokes and ir events

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:27:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 01/14/2009 02:28 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> > I've just updated to 19626 and disabled gnome-screensaver.  I watched
> > two hours of HD recordings and had no remote lag.  So far so good.
> > I'll report back if it resurfaces.
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  Out of curiosity, did you try running with
> r19626 with gnome-screensaver enabled (you'll also need to restart the
> frontend after restarting gnome-screenaver)?  Once past r19222, you
> shouldn't see any lag--it only runs gnome-screensaver-command at most
> once every 30 seconds.
>
> If that's not the case, please let me know as it means that
> gnome-screensaver-command is, er, not cooperating, and we need to do
> something about it.

I am currently running build 19626 with gnome screen-saver and things seem
to be better, but I haven't used it enough since the update to be sure.
There have been a few times of nonresponsiveness but I think it was during
high cpu usage moments. Before I was using build 19536 (I think) and there
was a lag of like 30 seconds every time I started mythfrontend. The keyboard
would work but not the remote. There still seems to be a lag at start up in
this build but it isn't nearly as long.