[mythtv-users] [OT] Study proves skipping commercials make TV lessenjoyable

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 14 20:46:22 UTC 2009

Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> says:
> According to the article, they showed that a bunch of college
> students have a short attention span.  They might get very different
> results if they test a different age range.

I'm the same way despite being almost a decade out of college. Ever
since buying a TiVo a year after graduation, I've found that I rarely
watch a given recording straight through, preferring to jump from
recording to recording according to my whims. Movies? Forget about it;
I think I can count the number of recorded movies I've watched from
beginning to the end without interruption on two hands. Again, this is
with five years of TiVo and three years of MythTV.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array