[mythtv-users] intel and opengl playback

Anthony aaroboneml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:21:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:07 PM, Anthony Arobone <aaroboneml at gmail.com>wrote:

> As it turns out gentoo doesn't provide a use flag to enable the opengl
> video renderer.  So i unmerged and compiled it by hand from the release-0.21
> branch from the wiki.  Now the opengl render works, but everything has a
> green tint to the color.  If I use xv, it looks normal again.  Been
> googling, but can't find anything on what would cause the dis-colorization.
> Content was recorded on a different backend and is fine.

Found on the mythtv wiki about the green monochrome when using intel
drivers.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Intel

"Further revised August 25, 2008: It appears that xvmc only works for frames
less than 720x568 in size. For larger frames, xvmc appears to work, but the
picture is a bright monochrome green, like night vision goggles."

This is slighting incorrect...err well, not what I'm seeing.  I'm not using
XvMC.  I'm just using the opengl renderer, and its green for all content,
not just for frames larger then 568.

Anyone have any incite on this?  Should I post this to the dev list?  I also
have a thread going on the xorg mailing list for the intel devs, but no