[mythtv-users] Using Myth to display a specific JPEG?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:21:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to have MythTV display a specific jpg image I
> retrieve off the web daily. I kinda figured I could do this with
> MythGallery, but I don't want to have to go to MythGallery, find the
> image, select it and hit view. I'm looking to just create a main menu
> entry that when clicked displays the jpg and will obey the ESC command
> from my remote to exit it.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Joe Borne
>

> "What the vast majority of American children needs is to stop being
> pampered, stop being indulged, stop being chauffeured, stop being
> catered to. In the final analysis it is not what you do for your
> children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will
> make them successful human beings."

It doesn't *directly* apply to you right this second, but just to get
some of this information out there, when .22 is out, you will be able
to do the following in whatever screen you like in your favorite
theme:

<webbrowser name="xkcd">
    <area>700,400,320,240</area>
    <url>http://www.xkcd.com/someimage.jpg</url>
    <zoom>1.0</zoom>
    <background color="white" alpha="0" />
</webbrowser>

This will embed your image at co-ordinates 720,400, with a size of
320x240, and update the image any time you enter that screen.  You can
also pass it a filename instead of a URL.  This change was committed
to trunk yesterday.

Robert