[mythtv-users] Preview image is only 1 pixel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 14 03:43:19 UTC 2009

On 01/13/2009 09:53 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/13/2009 09:28 PM, John Finlay wrote:
>
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Are you using a frame grabber/software encoder?  Are the affected
>>> recordings NUV's (versus MPEG files)?
>>>
>> Yes I'm using a pchdtv hd-5500 which uses a software encoder for ntsc.
>> The ntsc recordings are stored as NUV files.
>>
> There was (is?) a bug that causes previews from NUV files (at least
> those created when recording--don't know if it affects NUV files created
> from transcoding) to be solid color/a single pixel from the upper left
> corner of the screen.  I can't remember any search terms right now, so I
> haven't found the discussion (which, IIRC, included a picture of MythWeb
> showing the solid-color previews) about it.

Heh...  Turns out that "preview" and "MythWeb" were the search terms I
needed.  Here are all the threads, but the disappointing thing is that
there was no resolution:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv&do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=Preview+Images+all+blank+in+MythTV+v0.21+&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=&sb=score&mh=25

Mike