[mythtv-users] Preview image is only 1 pixel

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 14 02:53:42 UTC 2009

On 01/13/2009 09:28 PM, John Finlay wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 01/13/2009 08:41 PM, John Finlay wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having trouble getting good PNG preview images for NTSC recordings.
>>> The preview PNG images that I get for ATSC recordings are good but the
>>> NTSC previews are on 1 pixel in size.
>> Are you using a frame grabber/software encoder?  Are the affected
>> recordings NUV's (versus MPEG files)?
> Yes I'm using a pchdtv hd-5500 which uses a software encoder for ntsc.
> The ntsc recordings are stored as NUV files.

There was (is?) a bug that causes previews from NUV files (at least
those created when recording--don't know if it affects NUV files created
from transcoding) to be solid color/a single pixel from the upper left
corner of the screen.  I can't remember any search terms right now, so I
haven't found the discussion (which, IIRC, included a picture of MythWeb
showing the solid-color previews) about it.

Mike