[mythtv-users] Maplin twin tuner DVB-T USB Stick?

David Scammell davescammell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:58:04 UTC 2009

> I got one of these to play with for Xmas :-). Have you had any success
> using it in dual mode? I've found that if I don't enable dual mode it
> work very well as soon as I enable dual mode the driver seems to crash
> each time I use the second tuner which causes mythbackend to stop
> responding.
>
> Interested to hear of any success reports. Also anyone got the remote to
> work yet?
>
> Paul H.

A small bug has been found in the driver and its been fixed today. I'm
kicking myself I didn't report it to the author, he had no idea it was
broken, I've been waiting all over Xmas and was thinking it was just me!

If you follow your own instructions again it should work as the repository
has been updated with the fix, the 2nd tuner now works. (debian
lenny/2.6.26-1 i686), at least with scan and 'getstream', so its untested
with myth currently.

I played with the remote in the office on the first day I bought it and it
worked out of the box for me (tm) but its in the attic now so I can't test.

There is another repository on linuxtv.org which I suspect contains a
updated tuner code, at
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015-mxl500x/archive/tip.tar.bz2 This is
what i've been running over Xmas and it _appeared_ to have better signal
quality. When I have time over then next couple of days I will propagate the
two line bug fix over and re-test. If theres an improvement i'll send
another note. Have fun, dave.