[mythtv-users] Maplin twin tuner DVB-T USB Stick?

Brian Edmonds brian at gweep.ca
Sun Jan 4 22:41:50 UTC 2009

The little antennas that came with my USB stick tuners were largely
useless.  That said, a very basic $10 RCA bunny ears in an upstairs bedroom
pulled in a large number of stations where I live in Palo Alto.  I replaced
it with a Silver Sensor in the same bedroom, pointed at Sutro, and I get
nearly everything that is available in the area, including signals from
Monument, which isn't even close to the same direction.

Brian.

On Nov 10, 2008 12:20 AM, "Ian Barton" <lists at manor-farm.org> wrote:

> Has anybody tried using the twin tuner DVB-T USB stick that is currently >
on offer from Maplin?...
No, but I would be interested in buying one if it worked. As a side
issue are the aerials that are included with this sort of tuner any use
at all? I would quite like to use something like this with my notebook,
but my experience with Freeview suggests that anything less than a roof
mounted aerial is useless.

Ian.