[mythtv-users] More problems

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Tue Jan 13 22:38:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Igor Chudov <igor at chudov.com> wrote:
>  ---Snip---
> Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> Apparently, mythtv-setup  tries to logon as user "mythtv" with some
> password (I now have to figure out how it might still be using old
> password from my previous attempt).

I thought I remembered the Ubuntu packages creating a log file that
has the password it generated.

At any rate, not sure if this will help, but on my Ubuntu 8.04 system
there is a mysql.txt file in /etc/mythtv that contains the password my
system is currently using for the mythtv user in mysql.

You could try reseting your mythtv user in mysql to have the password
from that file.

-Mark