[mythtv-users] More hours of messing with mythtv yield zero result

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:24:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:06:53 am John Finlay wrote:
> I agree with you Igor that mythtv setup and use can be frustrating at
> times but perseverance should pay off. I found when I was doing an
> install of mythtv on ubuntu hardy that installing
> mythbuntu-control-center and setting things up through it made the
> process much easier. I don't know if you tried mcc yet but I would
> recommend it.

Seconded. I used mythbuntu-control-center on a clean kubuntu box just
yesterday. Had myth up and running withing 30 minutes.

Mind you I've had a *lot* of practice :)

If thing are getting messy and screwy I'd recommend the clean and reinstall
approach as well.
--
Lindsay Mathieson
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home