[mythtv-users] HD Homerun questions

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Jan 12 18:42:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Possibly I could put the Mac Mini on a separate private network, wired
> or wireless, so that it doesn't directly collide with all the stuff
> currently on the network, and then let the other machine do the
> playback with a VDPAU card of some sort.

If you're using wireless G, you're going to have problems with HD streams.
Particularly if you do more than one. If you have a wired, switched 100M+
network, you should be fine. I use gigabit for my Myth stuff and it works
great. I can have 3 streams going + the 2 recording from the HDHR just fine.
I've considered moving the HDHR to it's own network, but it hasn't really
caused any problems. I've also tossed around adding a second HDHR, but I
just don't have enough conflicts right now to justify the expense. If I ever
add another one, I'll probably move them to thier own network with a
dedicated backend machine.