[mythtv-users] Recording from Sky?

Paul Hurley paul at paulhurley.co.uk
Mon Jan 12 07:51:35 UTC 2009

Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> Currently we have a Mythtv box with 2 x DVB T tuner cards in. This
> works fine and serves a good job for terrestrial digital TV
> We also have an old Sky receiver and a Tivo, Series 1 (I think). We
> use the Tivo to record Sky content.
>
> Recently the Sky box has developed a fault where it puts itself to
> standby at random times. When this happens and the Tivo is set to
> record
> it does not work of course :(
>
> Before I look at the options to get the Sky box replaced I'm wondering
> if there is a workable solution for recording/watching Sky with
> MythTV?
>
> I'm particularly interested in people who are actually doing this and
> the results they are getting, ie does it satisfy your 'other half'
> fully? ;)
>

> Many thanks
> Mike

If you're in the UK (like me) then the problem may be a recent change
that Sky made that also confused me.  They seem to have updated the stb
firmware that they occaisonaly send out, and included a "turn to standby
if not used for two hours' setting.  Try checking the setup menu.  I've
now disabled mine and it's stopped doing it.

Thanks

Paul.

--
Paul Hurley	http://www.paulhurley.co.uk/
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.