[mythtv-users] importdvd not showing all options

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 12 05:20:00 UTC 2009

On Jan 11, 2009, at 9:06 PM, Gregg wrote:

> I am having a problem with importdvd it is only giving the option to
> import in iso format or perfect.  I believe it is supposed to show
> good as well, but I am not getting it.  Is there a setting that I am
> missing in setup, or something i have mis configured?

Those settings are in the dvdtranscode table.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dvdtranscode_table

Along with iso and perfect, you should have these by default:
mysql> select name from dvdtranscode group by name;
+-----------+
| name      |
+-----------+
| Excellent |
| Good      |
| Medium    |
+-----------+

However, it looks like there is only 1 codec for these:
mysql> select codec from dvdtranscode group by codec;
+-------+
| codec |
+-------+
| divx5 |
+-------+

So maybe it only shows them if you have divx capabilities? That's just
a guess. I don't really know how the code works. Just looking at my
database. :)

-Brad