[mythtv-users] Fans, or cooling video cards

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Jan 11 17:48:13 UTC 2009

Peter Loron wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Ian Clark wrote:
>
>> 2009/1/8 Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org>:
>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Both of the P180 cases I have (fairly recent) have the grommets for
>>> water
>>> cooling lines.
>>> Being able to route the power (and other) cables around the back side
>>> of the
>>> motherboard is great.
>>
>> They're probably both P182s then, as those are the 2 changes they made
>> to improve the P180. It's amazing how much difference they do make!
>>
>> FWIW I think my P182 arrived in a box that said P180 (I remember being
>> worried; especially as I'm a tight Yorkshireman and 80 pounds is a lot
>> to spend on a case!!)
>>
>> For anyone interested....
>>
>> http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=8863
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ian
>
> Interesting. I manage to get both of mine on sale for ~$60
> each...they're worth even the full price of admission.

Even more FWIW, Antec have a section on their site called 'B-Stock'
which is for returned/overtock items and the prices are really good. But
I have no idea if they will ship internationally. Quite likely so long
as you are willing to pay..

And I second all the votes in favour of the P182. I use one for my
desktop  machine at work. It lives nest to the typing credenza so the
quiet is appreciated. I only use one or two of the many provided fans.

Geoff