[mythtv-users] Problems with Listings -- Empty Subtitles

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Jan 10 02:46:55 UTC 2009

On Jan 9, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Larry K wrote:

> In the last few days, I have started getting numerous shows in my
> listings without a subtitle.  Of course, this makes it hard to tell
> what I've got when these titles get recorded.
>
> Anyone else getting this?

Yes.

>  Is something amiss with SchedulesDirect?

Maybe. Their information is only as good as the information they
receive from Tribune. Tribune's information is only as good as the
information that they get. If they don't get any information, you get
a generic episode in the listings.

> Let's say it is a SchedulesDirect problem, and they corrected their
> listings.  Will a mythfilldatabase --refresh-all correct things on my
> local copy?

You could just refresh the days you have discovered have better
metadata than you have. Bear in mind that "tomorrow" always gets
populated with new "better" data, so it's unlikely anything you will
do will make it better.

Unfortunately, the only thing to do is let Schedules Direct know and
they can escalate the problem if they don't already know about it.

-Brad