[mythtv-users] backends without tuners (was Re: Transcoding is being done on frontends, not backend)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Jan 10 02:12:54 UTC 2009

On Jan 9, 2009, at 5:13 PM, Craig Sanders wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 08:00:18PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Looks like a feature request.
>
> more of a bug description. mythjobqueue is claimed to be a supported
> alternative to mythbackend for tunerless machines, but it isn't an
> adequate substitute.

For you. It works really well for me. I use it all the time.

>> Or a job for a simple shell script.
>
> did you actually bother to read what i wrote?
>
> a simple shell script isn't good enough.
>
> until mythjobqueue can run as a proper daemon like mythbackend, it
> is NOT
> an adequate substitute for mythbackend.

For you. It works really well for me and I require nothing more from
it. If there are other features you require for it to work in your
case, you could post a feature request on the wiki or submit a feature
request with patch for inclusion in a ticket if you have some time to
work on it.

-Brad - who keeps forgetting that he doesn't care if people use mythtv
in an unsupported way