[mythtv-users] CAM's with network recorder

Torben Mikael Hansen myth at linhard.dk
Fri Jan 9 15:56:38 UTC 2009

Hi

On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 06:58 -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Torben Mikael Hansen <myth at linhard.dk> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've just set up mythtv with a network recorder as the only input card,
> > streaming iptv from/via my isp. However some of the channels are
> > scrambled.
> > Have anyone had any success on descrambling iptv channels on mythtv?

Refrase: Can MythTV and the network recorder be used with a standalone
CAM/CI unit eg. connected via USB?

> > The scrambled channels are provided by VIASAT (Scandinavia) and I've
> > read that they use NDS VideoGuard.
> >

> Discussion of softCAMs is not welcome/permitted on the list, sorry.

Why is that? Too me, there doesn't seem to be anything illegal in that.
At least according Danish law! I have payed to see these channels and
have a card for my stb. It is however bound to the stb so I may be
violating the contract with my isp though. However according to Danish
law I'm entitled to break any encryption if neccessary for
interoperability.

Torben