[mythtv-users] Hauppage 250 (or 500, or 150) needed

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 02:45:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM,  <mons37318 at mypacks.net> wrote:
> my brother told me to post here.  our first tuner card is dead, apparently these aren't sold anymore (even on ebay) and the big three networks are about to hit us with Chuck vs House vs Big Bang/HIMYM on the 19th.
>
> we aren't ready for digital yet, he says, major overhaul needed that he doesn't have time to do - meanwhile the jack in tuner 1 is hanging off sideways.
>
> --
> Pam from Boston
> Happily ever after means the show is really over.
> Shonda Rhimes - Entertainment Weekly, May 9, 2008 issue
> Scott Bakula News www.bakulanews.com

Pam,
I had a 150 and a 500, but the PVR-500 died a month ago.  I decided to
replace it with an HVR-1600 (one analog and one digital tuner),
figuring I would be digital ready for whenever,  As it turns out, I am
getting the network channels unencrypted in the digital tier -- so
bonus!
Even if you are not ready for the digital side, it comes with an
analog tuner as well.

jw