[mythtv-users] TV out from pvr500 tv display show 1080p HD

William william_munson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 10:57:48 UTC 2009

Claude Gélinas wrote:
> as I'm watching live TV my TV tell me it's 1080p HD
>
> my setup is :
>
> pvr500 capture card
> nvidia 9800 GT output to TV via a DMI to HDMI cable
> TV is sony bravia 52"
>
> everything compiled from source:
>
> nvidia driver 180.17
> Mythtv from trunk latest
>
> is it possible that SD TV could be turned into HD TV
>

> Could someone explain me more
>
> Thanks,
>
> Claude

Yes, its quite possible. The resolution your tv reports is set by the
video output of your video card which you defined when you configured
xorg. The actual tv program resolution is "upscaled" to the resolution
of your display as required. For me, this results in SD tv looking
almost as good as the HD signals.

Bill