[mythtv-users] Adding new 1 Terabyte Drive and Moving existing Recordings

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 03:17:01 UTC 2009

Just want to say a big thanks for all the suggestions and advice I've received
on this subject, its been most informative - not just for myth, but for
general linux usage as well.

I'll be going ahead with adding the 1TB and formating for xfs, then using
rsync to copy the recordings other. This I will do other night with the
mythbackend shut down.

Then adjust the storage groups to the new location and rename the old
directories to a backup. Startup myth and test everything is ok - if so delete
the old recordings.

I'll keep the 500GB drive as boot and for storing videos and the database.

Will let you know how it all goes,

thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson