[mythtv-users] Installing new remote frontend

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 22:42:48 UTC 2009

I'm about to install a new remote frontend PC for another room in my
house, and I had a quick question.  I have Mythbuntu 8.10 installed on
my combined FE/BE.  When I install the new frontend from the Mythbuntu
CD, will I have any "gotchas" or communication issues to worry about?
Here's the output from "mythbackend --version":

hdevine at hdevine-desktop:~$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 18722
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

Thanks for the help!
Harry