[mythtv-users] Installing new remote frontend

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 23:10:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm about to install a new remote frontend PC for another room in my
> house, and I had a quick question.  I have Mythbuntu 8.10 installed on
> my combined FE/BE.  When I install the new frontend from the Mythbuntu
> CD, will I have any "gotchas" or communication issues to worry about?

I'm not sure about Mythbuntu in particular, but things to watch for:

1. In myth-setup make sure you put in the actual BE IP address (not the
127.0.0.1)

2. Make sure your firewall is open on the mysql and mythtv ports

3. Make sure you've granted access to relevant IP address (of new FE) in
your mythconverg database