[mythtv-users] The death blow to DRM has arrived

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 20:45:13 UTC 2009

For those of you lame enough to have followed my rants and ravings on here
about the RIAA and DRM/5C/CCI, you might remember that I predicted iTunes
would go 100% DRM free by the end of 2008. Looks like I was 6 days off.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/live-from-the-macworld-2009-keynote/

This is incredibly important because it signals the beginning of the end for
DRM. Look for all the other online music stores to follow suit. I bet they
all drop DRM by July. 5C and CCI are next!

Joe Borne

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The
credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred
by dust and sweat and blood who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short
again and again ... and who, at the worst, if he fails at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid
souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
- Theodore Roosevelt