[mythtv-users] How do I switch from imdb to tmdb?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 6 19:26:15 UTC 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Rob Pimentel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are the comments from the following changeset (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19251
> ):
>
> "Replaces IMDB grabber with themoviedb.org grabber as the default in
> trunk. This commit doesn't change existing settings or remove the
> IMDB script yet, I'll do that in a few days once any kinks with the
> TMDB script have been worked out. If you have an existing install
> and wish to switch to tmdb.pl then edit the grabber commands
> accordingly."
>
> Can someone please explain "edit the grabber commands accordingly"?

In the mythvideo setup, there is a place to store the commands
executed when grabbing metadata. If you are using a new install, these
commands are correct but if you are using an existing install, you
have to manually change from the imdb scripts to the new ones.

> I am running 0.21, without any fixes. I downloaded tmdb.pl and
> dumped it into my scripts folder. Is there a way to start using that
> file instead of imdb.pl when I do a search for the video metadata
> (without having to recompile mythvideo)? I am willing to do a
> recompile if needed, but I was hesitant to  use the version of
> videodlg.cpp listed on that page because it differs a great deal
> from the one in my current installation. My current videodlg.cpp
> doesn't contain any mention of imdb.pl. I was worried that I would
> miss some other dependencies (different files) that were associated
> with previous revisions of that file. Looking at the revision log
> for that file, it appears that rev 18531 contains the first
> reference to imdb.pl. I am an svn novice, so please keep that in
> mind if you provide svn-related info.

This is a setting stored in your database, not hard-coded.

-Brad