[mythtv-users] How do I switch from imdb to tmdb?

Rob Pimentel robpimentel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 19:21:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

Here are the comments from the following changeset (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19251):

"Replaces IMDB grabber with themoviedb.org grabber as the default in trunk. This commit doesn't change existing settings or remove the IMDB script yet, I'll do that in a few days once any kinks with the TMDB script have been worked out. If you have an existing install and wish to switch to tmdb.pl then edit the grabber commands accordingly."

Can someone please explain "edit the grabber commands accordingly"?

I am running 0.21, without any fixes. I downloaded tmdb.pl and dumped it into my scripts folder. Is there a way to start using that file instead of imdb.pl when I do a search for the video metadata (without having to recompile mythvideo)? I am willing to do a recompile if needed, but I was hesitant to  use the version of videodlg.cpp listed on that page because it differs a great deal from the one in my current installation. My current videodlg.cpp doesn't contain any mention of imdb.pl. I was worried that I would miss some other dependencies (different files) that were associated with previous revisions of that file. Looking at the revision log for that file, it appears that rev 18531 contains the first reference to imdb.pl. I am an svn novice, so please keep that in mind if you provide svn-related info.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
pimy