[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct, Google checkout and credit checks

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Tue Jan 6 15:35:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Marc Randolph <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:

> I don't even see anything in their terms of service that mentions
> periodic checks, so I'm wondering what the OP is referring to.
> Additionally, the credit card  on my Google checkout account has been
> invalid for many months (six?) - yet Google checkout allowed me go all
> the way through and submit my purchase.  Only after clicking on the
> final "pay" button did it say:
>
>        An attempt to authorize $20.00 to your credit card (DISCOVER
> xxx-1519) failed.
>
> So it would appear that they do NOT do periodic checks.
>
>   Marc

I thought the same thing (OP was crazy) but then I noticed what he was
talking about:
Text: (Section 2 Paragraph 2 [last sentence]) "You also authorize us to
obtain from time to time a credit report and/or to otherwise make credit or
other background inquiries as we deem appropriate to evaluate your
registration for or continued use of the Service"

I agree with jarpublic... They don't have the info needed to do even a basic
credit/background check. I think they just used poor wording. I've been
using Google Checkout (including my last SD payment) with no problems or
credit inquiries.

- Josh