[mythtv-users] database settings erased on frontend start

Tue Jan 6 01:01:49 UTC 2009

Mike Perkins wrote:

>>> Make sure you turn on and use the custom identifier for frontend
>>> preferences option.
>>>

>> Already on, I'm thinking that the problem is in whatever file on the
>> front end itself stores the config and its auto searching before taking
>> the local settings....
>> any ideas?
>>

> When you start up the front end, it looks for config information in
> ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt and/or ~/.mythtv/config.xml. Sounds like you don't have the
> correct permissions somehow, so whatever you enter isn't being written back to
> disk. (i) Try editing either of these files by hand. (ii) Search your entire
> disk for other copies of these files under the user(s) under which the mythtv
> processes might run (usually mythtv), plus root. Make sure all these files say
> the same thing.

ok so I checked that and all files say the same thing... it seams to be
that the auto search thing takes over before hand because it has the
database info for my other front ends, but I think that getting rid of
the .xml did the trick..... yea there it goes now.  I'll keep rebooting
a few more times to make sure..  So whats the differences between these
files? I checked the contends to the file before and it looked ok to
me.... but it may have had that auto setup stuff in it?

thanks for the help!!
-J