[mythtv-users] Slow deletes were causing backend to hang and/or cause seg faults

Kenan Ezal SBMythTV at cox.net
Mon Jan 5 08:04:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 23:07 -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:

> Exactly what version of mythtv are you using?

Hello,

MythTV Version   : 19114M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

> Can you uncomment these lines:
>
> //VERBOSE(VB_FILE, QString("Truncating '%1' to %2 MB")
> // .arg(filename).arg(fsize / (1024.0 * 1024.0), 0, 'f', 2));
>
> in MainServer::TruncateAndClose() in mainserver.cpp and try again
> with
> -v file (at least) and see how the numbers printed relate to the
> moment
> of crash.
>
> Bolek

Unfortunately, I'm using the packages available from atrmps. Is there
anything else I can do to help figure the root of the problem?

Someone previously suggested I load some debug packages (for Fedora 9).
I never got around to it but I would be willing to do so if it would
help.

-Kenan