[mythtv-users] Slow deletes were causing backend to hang and/or cause seg faults

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Mon Jan 5 04:07:11 UTC 2009

Kenan Ezal wrote:
> I discovered within the last couple of days that the cause of my
> problems outlined in the original post (backend hanging/seg faults)
> were due to "slow delete" being turned on. Once I turned slow deletes
> off my problems went away and my system became stable.

Exactly what version of mythtv are you using?

Can you uncomment these lines:

    //VERBOSE(VB_FILE, QString("Truncating '%1' to %2 MB")
    //        .arg(filename).arg(fsize / (1024.0 * 1024.0), 0, 'f', 2));

in MainServer::TruncateAndClose() in mainserver.cpp and try again with
-v file (at least) and see how the numbers printed relate to the moment
of crash.

Bolek