[mythtv-users] Internal player can't play my mkv files

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 07:50:49 UTC 2009

If I try to play the mkv files that I've crerated with Handbreak using
the Internal player in myth video, the screen just stays blank for a
long time until I try to exit (and then takes a while to respond to that).

In my frontend log, I have lots of lines like this:

2009-01-04 21:23:50.242 NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow,
audio data lost!

Then quite a few like this:

2009-01-04 21:24:07.024 No DTS Seeking Hack!

Then hundreds like this:

2009-01-04 21:28:14.356 [mp3 @ 0x7f53f1d49e90]Header missing skipping
one byte.

Is this related to the MKV files or a different problem?

The mkv's play fine with every other player on my system. Any idea
what's going on? I'm using the latest Mythbuntu with weekly fixes.

Cheers
Damian