[mythtv-users] KWorld ATSC-115 problems -- can't change channel, no sound

Alan McEndoo alan.mcendoo at att.net
Fri Jan 2 21:50:43 UTC 2009

It seems like you have had a busy (and productive) day!  In answer to some of your questions, Mythtv has always treated my KWorld 115 digital card as an Air2PC v2, but it seems to work OK.  With the patched drivers, the top connector on the KWorld card is the analog tuner.  I did find that I got stuttering video and high pitched "squeaky" audio, which I cured by reducing the quality of the audio in the redording profiles.  I had thought that it was because I am uding a 2.4 GHz Celeron, which is not a very powerful system.  Watching analog LiveTV uses about 80+% CPU, and on the digital side, when viewing a HD channel the CPU is maxed out and Mythtv occasionally crashes.  A digital SD channel is OK.

You might want to look at this tread, http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=643415&highlight=KWorld+115.  It mentions a new feature in MythTV trunk that allows the KWorld to be recognized as one card with two souces rather than two cards which can cause recording problems.  Since I don't use trunk I have never pursued it.