[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and static network

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri Jan 2 17:49:17 UTC 2009

The more I read this thread, the more convinced I am that it would be
easier to just set up a DHCP server. It's not rocket science. If you
don't have a router or wireless access point that can already do this,
it wouldn't be that hard to install and run dhcpd on your Myth box. That
would certainly be easier than trying to figure out how to properly
configure the 169.254 addresses, or using a second NIC just to avoid
setting up a DHCP server.

--Greg