[mythtv-users] Custom channel ordering ?

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 21:46:13 UTC 2009

Simon Hobson wrote:
> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>

>> You can edit the channel number to anything you want - its not used
>> for tuning. So using MythWeb (Settings|Channel Info) set the channel
>> numbers to the order you want and Order everything by channel number.
>>

> Thanks, I'd assumed (there's that word again) that the channel
> numbers would be either used internally, or would get mangled on a
> rescan.

You are right on one count, unfortunately they will get reset on a
rescan. A pain indeed.

One way around it would be to get them how you want and then write a bit
of mysql to change it back after a rescan.

I'd tell you how but my sql-fu is poor, and its something I've been
wanting to do myself for a long time

Dunc