[mythtv-users] iMON LCD

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Feb 27 16:56:56 UTC 2009

At 10:31 AM -0500 2/27/09, A JM wrote:
>"In order to change the recording status message, you have to modify
>the source, however."
>
>I've not noticed the recording status message - does it display the
>time as well??

If you have it enabled, it tells you what show(s) are currently being
recorded, along with their episode titles and start/end times.
Without my patch, the start/end times are always in 24-hour format
(presumably to save space on 16-character displays.)

>I've looked through the frontend settings assuming the same but I
>still see the time displayed on a 24 hour clock? Nothing on the box
>uses a 24 hour clock so it's kind of strange that the LCD is
>displayed like that... why isn't this controlled by LCDPROC...?
>
>I'm a bit perplexed as to why Myth would have anything to do with
>the time format - it would seem to me that the OS would be in
>control of that...

While LCDProc does have the ability to display a clock on its own,
when MythTV's frontend is running, it will replace all normal output
of LCDProc with its own data (assuming you have enabled the correct
options.) One of the things it will display is the current date and
time.

I don't have access to my frontend right now, or I would tell you
exactly what setting to change; I believe it's somewhere in the
general settings, regarding date formats, not in the LCD settings.