[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 27 16:17:33 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 February 2009 09:08:02 Dean Collins wrote:
> That's my point exactly.  Since when is the use of a free web site or
> the content obtained from that web site covered under any sort of fair
> use?
>
> I don't think any more of Hulu's decision than anyone else here, I
> just don't get this perception of some legal right to use a web site
> any way you want just because it's there.
>
> Tom
>

> Exactly it's the same right that Hulu has to say their content can only
> be seen in the USA etc.
>
> I don't think anyone would disagree that using a usa based proxy to view
> Hulu content in Australia isn't breaking the law.
>
> Boxee are breaking up the look and feel of the Hulu content and it's
> Hulu's right to say sorry I'm not happy with this please stop.

If I purchase a book, and enlarge some pages so that my visually-impaired
mother can read them, have I violated the law?

How about if I am visually impaired, and can only view the content on a large
TV screen?

Can I read the pages in a mirror if I so choose?

The content has not been changed, just re-arranged so I can view it in a more
convenient way.

How about if the content provider tells me I must turn down the chroma control
on my monitor and view the content in B+W. Am I within my rights to turn up
the color?

This is geting ridiculous, as is the attempt to make a difference between "TV
sets" and "Monitors".

I'm pretty sure it is legal to rearrange the content to allow handicapped
people to consume it, so what is the difference between "ability"
and "convenience"?

When people do stupid things, it results in stupid arguments.

--
beww
beww at beww.org