[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:14:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:

> That's my point exactly.  Since when is the use of a free web site or
> the content obtained from that web site covered under any sort of fair
> use?
>
> I don't think any more of Hulu's decision than anyone else here, I
> just don't get this perception of some legal right to use a web site
> any way you want just because it's there.
>
> Tom

> Exactly it's the same right that Hulu has to say their content can only
> be seen in the USA etc.
>
> I don't think anyone would disagree that using a usa based proxy to view
> Hulu content in Australia isn't breaking the law.
>
> Boxee are breaking up the look and feel of the Hulu content and it's
> Hulu's right to say sorry I'm not happy with this please stop.

Is it illegal for me to print out a picture of the Hulu logo that I found on
their website, look at it from my sofa for a minute, then put it into my
shredder?  I did not get permission prior to removing it from it's intended
context and viewing it how I see fit.
If they don't want people to use this content, they should not make it
PUBLICLY available.